1.5 c almonds, walnuts or pecans, soaked 8-12 hours. I used 1/2 c of each type of nut, soaked them, and then dehydrated them overnight so my crust would be dryer.
1/2 t sea salt
3/4 c soft dates, pitted. You can also make up this amount using raisins or a combination.
2/3 c dates, pitted. Again, make this amount using raisins too.
1 1/3c berries (any kind, but I used all strawberries)
4-6 c sliced strawberries.
2 T psyllium husk powder
1) Puree nuts in a food processor to flour-like consistency.
2) Add the salt, pepper, and dates/raisins until the mixture sticks together. Add raisin- or date-soak water to make consistency if needed. Honey or agave nectar can help, too.
3) Press into pie plate. I then let my crust dehydrate about an hour or two. I think it just warmed it up, but maybe got a little crisp on the edges.
1) Blend dates and the 1 1/3 c berries together. Add sweetener like raisin/date-soak water or agave nectar if the berries are tart.
2) Add psyllium and blend well.
3) Stir into remaining berries
4) Fill pie shell and refridgerate
Tip: garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
This recipe used about 3 pints of strawberries.